Tuesday, May 27, 2014

"The Lord and His prophets have emphasized the importance of keeping records. Writing in a personal journal gives us an opportunity to reflect on our lives and recognize the many blessings God has given us. Our journals can also be a source of inspiration and strength to future generations of our families."

Throughout my life I have started writing in a journal more times than I can count. I remember receiving a journal for my 8th birthday. Writing about my baptism, my dad's business trip, and my random activities throughout that summer. Playing games, swimming, having fun with my family. That only lasted a few weeks before I got out of the habit of writing in my journal.

I started writing a journal many different times throughout my teen years, but it never lasted long. It wasn't until serving my mission that I really started writing in a journal again. During my two years in the MTC and El Salvador I never missed a day writing about my experiences. Sometimes they were short entries and other times i'd have to finish writing the following day because there was so much to write about. Since then I have still written in my journal. It has not been every day but I still try to write as often as I can.

These last few months I've started thinking about making a blog. And finally today I decided to take that step. I have no idea how this will turn out, nor where to begin. But you can't reach the end if you don't take the first step somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment