Tuesday, May 27, 2014

A little about me

Writers block. I had so many ideas on how to introduce myself and begin blogging. Though for the moment nothing is coming to mind. So I will write a little about myself and see where it goes.

Jacob Douglas Rogers. That's the name my parents decided to use to let me know whenever i was in trouble. Born on May first in the City of Mesa. The nurse called me bright eyed and bushy tailed since my eyes were wide open trying to take everything in. The first time I ever slept through the entire night was while tucked in a sleeping bag, in a tent, while out camping. That alone explains my love for camping and the outdoors. I am the oldest of four younger siblings. So naturally I was the first experiment child for my parents. I don't think I turned out to bad. Doesn't that kid look cute?

I was baptized into The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints at the age of eight. I was raised in the Town of Gilbert. My parents worked hard to get me my Eagle. They did a good job.

I went to Highland High School my freshman year then transferred to Gilbert. I received my high school diploma from Gilbert High in 2009 and soon after started taking classes at a community college. 

I was called to serve a two year mission for the church in the wonderful land of El Salvador. There I learned to speak spanish, along with gaining many new friendships. As you can see, when I first arrived my face pretty much spoke for itself. What in the world did I get myself into?

But I enjoyed it. Always keeping a smile on my face. Just look at that sombrero!

The food there was amazing, and I can't forget the pupusas. Nothing in the world tastes better than pupusas. 

Since coming home I've started going back to school and working. I've moved three times since coming home. I spent the Summer of 2013 in Jackson Hole Wyoming to work. And of course, fishing.

Now whether it looks like I'm napping or fishing is up to you. We caught quite a few fish that day.
I moved back home and then right after Christmas 2013 I moved up to Provo Utah where I am to this day. Studying and taking evening classes here at BYU.

That's just the rim of the cup, but there will be more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment